Monday, December 15, 2014

Building Up Your 1st City - Army & Navy


Right off the bat you are faced with many choices. One of the most important ones is how what you build troop wise. I've seen many players take the approach of just building and farming their villages until they reach 3,000 or more points. Oh how badly can turn out. The most successful players are those that start building up their army right away and use any spare resources to build more troops. You can use these troops to take more farming villages or/and to go farm the smaller players on your island to even further increase your resource production.


As I like to do, I don't build any defensive troops besides the ones needed or I get from doing the tutorial quests. I go all offensive. As quick as possible, I try to build up my academy to get horsemen. These are the fastest and largest resource carrying unit. While I don't build all horsemen, the time it take to get to them and research them in the academy I usually have a good size slinger force (200-300 at least) to accompany them in farming attacks.

As my city gets built up, I try to keep a large offense force in the field and if attacked always dodge, enact militia, and use my resources up so that they get absolutely nothing. Depending on how my neighbors behave I usually push to get CS and Conquest researched ASAP. The faster you get your second city, the more of an edge you get over everyone else that doesn't have a second one yet.



Navy - I don't normally build up my navy until I research LS. The only BR's I have until after I have my second city is those that I get from completing the tutorial. I generally build up my LS forces to about 15 or 20 by the time I'm CS ready. Beyond that, I amount I build is different each time as it depends on how much population and resources I have available and how aggressive surrounding people are and how much I or my alliance members are being attacked.

3 comments:

  1. So can i build a city with an offensive land nuke, and a bir defense, will the pop limit allow me to build an effective force ?
    or do ii have to go complete on only one type

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're dependent on Farm levels to gain population that you can train as troops to build your military, and it takes a long time to build each farm level. Doesn't this limit your army growth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. where to build my 1st city .is it in same island or near by island where farming villages are there

    ReplyDelete